Sunday, July 08, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

I really liked Snow White and the Huntsman, an interesting take on the story; but I can't help but find Kristen Stewart irritating. It's something about the short little breaths she takes. At least it was minimal, compared to the Twilight films. Charlize Theron radiated evil as the queen; and Sam Spruell as her brother was exceedingly creepy. The dwarves were so believable that even though I recognized Bob Hoskins, I wasn't positive it was actually him.  Chris Hemsworth, who I first saw in Thor, sealed himself as my new heart throb. The CGI effects were stunning (the faeries were adorable), and there were a couple of scenes that made me think of Ray Harryhausen. I wondered what movies would be like if he were still making them today. 

No comments: