Saturday, June 30, 2012

Teri Meri Kahaani

I wasn't expecting much from Teri Meri Kahaani, a cute romance taking place in 3 different time periods: 1910, 1960, and 2012. Overall it was a pleasant piece of fluff and gave me a chance to enjoy Shahid Kapoor.
 
There were some treats. "My Darlin' Clementine" was incorporated into some of the 1960 music. Some of the 2012 dialog was done via texting and Facebook postings - an interesting take on the 21st century life style. I especially enjoyed the music and dancing in 1910.
 
What blew me away was that Shahid Kapoor's 1910 character was a poet and that I recognized the influence (if not actual quotes) of Rumi. There's something to be said for education. You just never know when what you learn may come in handy and give you a fuller appreciation of something.
 
Oh, yes, and I did cry at the end.

No comments: