Friday, June 29, 2012

Magic Mike

Magic Mike, aside for being a feast for the eyes of all the ladies in the audience, turned out to be an interesting glimpse into the seamy and hedonistic life of male strippers.  The mostly female audience obviously enjoyed the eye candy; and there were a few unhappy sighs when the film returned from the stripping scenes to the story, which wasn't completely boring.  I was disappointed that Matt Bomer and Joe Manganiello, the two actors I was there to see, barely got to speak; and Bomer, whom I adore in White Collar, looked uncomfortable the entire time he was on the screen.  I actually liked the ending, but the other ladies seemed to be disappointed.  As for the stripping, it seems I find grown men grinding around in thongs with their butt cheeks hanging out to look pretty ludicrous.  Oh well, it was a pleasant enough break from the 99 degree heat outside.

No comments: